Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Weekend is near and Easter is almost Here!

Dear Readers,

It comes a time in a students college experience when you begin to notice just how fast everything has went by. It is almost Easter weekend of my Junior year meaning I only have like 3 more weeks left before I'm a senior(Crazy I know)! I have already been working on my summer plans and have just finished filling out my application to study off-campus for next year second semester. Don't get me wrong it is very exciting know that I am only 8classes away from receiving that little piece of paper that will allow me to accomplish so many more things in life but at the same time I know it will be bitter sweet.

While at Coe I have had the opportunity to attend 2 graduations thus far and both of those were a great experience. Being able to see some of my good buddies graduate and head off into the workforce or graduate school was pretty cool. The one thing that I never really thought of until now is that this will be me someday walking across this stage shaking the hand of infamous President Phifer, looking off into the crowd attempting to find the familiar faces of my family and friends in attendance. It is sort of mind blowing, but enough of all the sad stuff, I got tons of good news as well. The weather has been great, my car comes down this weekend, I can feel a small roadtrip coming, and also I was selected for the lead role in a play this upcoming fall!

Along with all of this stuff intramural sports have kicked into high gear. I am on a competitive and non-competitive basketball team, and a co-ed soccer team. Hopefully we can follow up this year with another soccer championship accompanied by a basketball one as well. I will keep you all updated on how the season goes.

Other than that stuff this week has been a good one, pretty relaxing and full of poetry as well as interesting articles in my African American Studies class. I am looking forward to next week and I can't wait to give you all updates.

Thank you for your time,
Charles E. Cotton III

0 comments: