Friday, January 14, 2011

Excited to Share

Dear readers,

I am so glad that I have been given the chance to share with you all my life here at Coe College. I would love to start you guys off with a little recap of my break which I must say was probably a little different then most other students.

I am a basketball player here at Coe College which pretty much means I did not get to spend a lot of time back in my hometown Southfield, Michigan. However I would say that I was able to spend my entire break with “family”. I was able to go home for about six days out of the three week break and visit family and friends that I had not seen in a while, but after returning to Coe to prepare for basketball games I realized that I would be able to spend time with my “Coe family”.

Since I have been at Coe I have made so many close friends that I might as well consider them family. I have been given the opportunity to play basketball which granted me the opportunity to be a part of the Coe basketball family. Since I am on the topic of basketball I would just like to say that we are doing pretty good this year. We are ten and four overall with one of those loses coming from a division one team. I would say that this year's team is much improved over last years. We actually played a game last night against a non conference opponent and came away with a victory. Although it was a two hour bus ride it was alright since we are always given pizza on the late return trip. Pizza is my favorite!

Another great experience I would like to share with you all is that I sort of became a hardcore gamer over break which I don't if that is a good thing or not only time will tell. Over winter break I was able to spend sometime with a few good buddies of mine Ankit and Joel we decided it would be a good idea to bring in the New year with some non stop gaming action. I have just recently purchased the nex xbox 360 which I think is pretty sweet and my mom was generous enough to purchase the new call of duty black ops game for me when I went home. Long story short us three guys probably spent around twenty seven hours straight playing that game with a little hour nap in between. My sleep schedule has been a tap bit off ever since but I think it was worth it. Really got good at the game and was a relaxing way to enjoy part of my break.

Well now I do not feel like I should keep up to much of your time reading my blog so I will just say a few more things. I plan to have a pretty good semester hanging out with a few friends who will graduate this may which is sort of bitter sweet. I also would like to say that I am looking forward to telling you more about my classes this semester. I am taking African American Literature, United States History II, Women in America, and the History of Modern China along with an Internship. I will give you all a big update on these things in a few days along with letting you know how sports are going and a secret snow boarding trip I' m planing to attend on the 20th of this month. I have never been snow boarding so that will be an adventure.

Thank you for your time,
Charles E. Cotton III


0 comments: