Thursday, January 20, 2011

Loving Life Like Always


Dear Readers,

This has been a pretty enjoyable week for me. I want to first let you guys know that I did not go snowboarding this week which is kind of sad but it’s alright since it has been pretty cold outside anyways. However I did really enjoy a few of my classes which surprised me a bit. One of my favorite classes this semester is probably my African American Literature class. We have just started reading a book by Chester Himes “If He Hollers Let Him Go” which I find quite interesting. Other than that I have not had too much homework which is always a good thing, just been doing a bit of reading.
So I have a few basketball updates for you all. If you have not been following our team you probably should! We are pretty good this year, as of right now we are second in the conference. Although we lost both our varsity and reserve game yesterday we still have our heads held high.

Alright well I must say that despite not going snowboarding or winning my basketball game I am still loving life like always. That is just a saying of mine that I typically find myself using. Life is good I have just been enjoying the lack of homework and the company of good friends and also playing a little bit of xbox in my free time. I had to cut back a lot though since school started.  
I recently have been watching a lot of movies and checking out some random quotes and facts. I figured that I would share one of both with you guys every week. My random fact of the week comes from http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~bingbin/ the fact is: If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar. Also my random quote of the week is from Elbert Hubbard, he said "The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live."  And finally I would like to leave you guys with a good movie to watch with either your friend’s family or by yourself if you find yourself to be bored. The movie of the week took me a lot of time to pick. I typically get about four movies in a week I would say so it’s not always going to be easy for me to pick. This week’s recommended movie is the Social Network, it was a pretty good movie that requires a lot of attention which is not too hard to do since it’s a pretty good movie. I was fortunate enough to be able to watch this movie with a few of my buddies.
Well I will once again let you folk enjoy your free time and not keep you for too long reading my blog. Hopefully you found that random fact to be a little funny and possibly check out that movie if you have not seen it already. Have a good day and I look forward to writing you guys again next week!
Thank you for your time,
Charles Cotton III

0 comments: