Monday, February 6, 2012

#whyd3?

Dear readers,

I have had an amazing week. I was on duty all week for residence life but that didn't slow me down one bit. Actually duty this week was pretty fun, I got to meet a few new people in my building which is always a fun thing. Other then that classes went very well, from working on some new short stories to analyzing film I felt as though I picked up a lot of new information.

Besides my typical weekly updates I wanted you all to hear a little more about my weekend.I never thought attending an Athletic leadership Conference could be so much fun. Lets be honest how often do you hear the word conference and thing "oh yeah this will be the time of my life?" Not very often at all. Well I have always been told go into things with an open mind and my athletic director really encouraged me to find someone to cover my weekend duties so that I could attend and so I did. Before I forget one of the key components to this story let me just tell you now. The conference took place in Cedar Rapids and was all weekend long, so if you want to know more about things to do in Cedar Rapids this is why I thought this would be a nice story to share.

Coe College is a part of the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference in short IIAC. This conference is Division III and really stresses the importance of being a student first. Being able to go to this conference with a few other Coe athletes was a great experience, from getting to meet people from other schools and the large amount of Coe alumni and presenters we got to meet and interact with I would say the trip was well worth it. The conference was at the Marriott hotel which is only like 5 minutes from campus which was nice because we were able to run back and forth if need be. Also late night food runs were not a problem at all and neither was my Laser Tag skills.

Not to brag or anything but the four Coe guys who went dominated in laser tag, I got a clean sheet to prove it

0 comments: