Thursday, March 21, 2013

March Madness at Coe College!

Dear Readers, Intramural basketball season is underway at Coe! I am excited to say I will now be adding another weekly workout to my list of things to do and I am happy about it. Here at Coe I would say we have a pretty competitive intramural culture, filled with both men and women who just love to get out there and sweat a bit. I am glad that things have started it is always fun to set a team with some friends or try to get on a team with people you don't really know to well. It is awesome to see some of the relationships that a team sport can develop. One of the more interesting parts to our intramural culture is the amount of people who stick around just to watch other teams play. I would say that Coe is very supportive as far as the community goes in that matter. I have also been doing a lot of Jogging. I have a jogging class Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8am-9am and I got to say it takes some dedication to get me out of bed that earlier to go and run. It has been beneficial however I feel better and more energized later in the day even though I am getting a little less sleep. Other than that I am just waiting until Presidential Ball this April. I just recently took some pictures for one of the posters that will be hung-up promoting what sort of attire people should wear to the ball. As soon as I get a copy I will share it with you all. Just in case you were curious presidential ball was first started as a dance in honor of the current president of Coe James R. Phifer. This ball has become an annual tradition and one I hope continues late after I am gone! Once again thank you for your time, Charles E. Cotton III

0 comments: