Thursday, February 17, 2011

WHAT WILL TODAY BRING

Dear Readers,
This has been a bitter sweet week. I began this week very excited being able to hangout with friends and I am pretty sure I did well on my midterm in my History of Modern China class. Along with that the weather is really starting to warm up which is great. However I got a little sick yesterday and that was kind of crappy. Another good thing was that I was able to quickly get in touch with the nurse at Coe this morning who gave me a lot of things that I could do to take care of my sore throat. I was pretty relieved after that and feel ten times better after that but I am still not 100 percent yet hopefully by tomorrow morning.

This week has also been going by pretty quick and I felt pretty productive. I had two papers due early this week and finished both in time and was proud of them both. My classes have still been holding my attention which is a good thing.
I have also received a phone interview for an internship I am really excited about for next Monday. I will start preparing myself for this interview as the week goes on and look forward to telling you things went well.
Well I have been chatting with my family a lot this week which is nice. I enjoy giving them updates on what is going on in my life as well as seeing how things are back home in Michigan, especially since I don’t get to go home that often. It’s not that bad that I don’t get to go home that often since I really do feel at home hear at Coe with such a good group of friends.

Well I will leave you all with three things;
a movie: The Last Emperor,
a fact: The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear. Any cup-shaped object placed over the ear produces the same effect.
A quote: “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. “
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thank you for your time,
Charles E. Cotton III

0 comments: