Thursday, April 14, 2011

Life Is good during Flunk Day Season

Dear Readers,


Hope everything is going well in your lives. However my life has been going very well. I just got back from the Chicago area not too long ago which was awesome. I was able to attend a college fair and represent Coe College which was something that most people never have a chance to do which was neat. On the way back from Chicago we brought back 12 minority students to compete for or DLS (Diversity Leadership Scholarship) here at Coe which I myself am a recipient of. Sorry but I do not have any pictures from the trip.

Next big news is Flunk Day will be here sometime soon! I will make sure to post some pictures when this event takes place. It will be a good time for sure! Something that was a lot of fun this week though was symposium day. Which is a day when classes are cancelled so that students can attend presentation presented by fellow students on a variety of different topics, I was fortunate enough to attend one which was pretty sweet. I have on photo of the event and it was after the conclusion of the event so not to exciting.





















Well as far as flunk day goes I should at least tell you that I camped out in the quad on campus a few nights ago after finishing all my homework a few friends and I decided that it would be a good idea to camp out in the space where most of the Flunk Day activity would take place. Even though it was not Flunk Day the following morning I feel it is still safe to say that the camp out was a success. I am pretty sure that this was the first time anyone has ever done that before so hopefully we can create a new tradition who knows haha.




























Other than that I went to golf practice today and a buddy of mine decided it would be sweet to get some photos of the beautiful golf course that we are fortunate enough to play at. I am pretty sure that we play on one of the top 2 golf Courses in Iowa. Elm Crest Golf Club is a private course and home to PGA professional Zack Johnson! Well I myself am no Zack Johnson but I do know how to play a little bit I suppose and I will have some pictures up very soon to prove it so be sure to check back soon!

Thank you for your time,
Charles E. Cotton III

0 comments: