Sunday, September 18, 2011

Homecoming Week!

Dear Readers,

Homecoming week was pretty fun. It seemed like everyone had tons of Kohawk pride. I am proud to say that I was selected to emcee the homecoming pep rally this year which is kind of a big deal. The homecoming pep rally is the Friday before the big football game and I was one of the people responsible for getting everyone excited for the game and the dance. Also the pep rally is the event where the homecoming king and queen are announced.

Right after the pep rally I had to get all dressed up for a big Lambda Chi Alpha alumni event. It was pretty sweet to hear some of the funny stories the alumni had to share. However I had to call it an early night because I had a long day in front of me. The following Saturday I wish I was able to say that I got to run in the homecoming 5k, or that I was able to attend the parade, football game or dance, but I had to hit the road with my teammates to go get a few more victories for the Coe College men's soccer team. We had two away games this weekend in St. Louis, and if I must say so myself the weather was not ideal.

It was fun to handout with the guys this weekend, it was a nice long bus ride with a ton of food which is always a good thing. While away from the homecoming festivities we stayed in contact with friends back at Coe so we could find out the results of the football game and how the dance was.

As far as I know homecoming weekend was another great success. People had a great time and made memories that will stick with them forever.

On that note I was able to snap a few quick pictures from the bus of the road trip but nothing to exciting because it was raining out.





View outside the hotel room.












Game field day two.











Game field day two.



I have a few things coming up this week, a big soccer game Wednesday, a Test Tuesday and another one on Friday. These are my first two test of the semester so I am very excited to see how they go. Looking forward to telling you I got a pair of A+ scores but only time will tell.

Thank you for your time,
Charles E. Cotton III

0 comments: