Monday, October 24, 2011

Life of A Kohawk

Dear Readers,

Soccer season is coming to a end. I myself am not a big fan of this minus the fact it will be getting cold outside very soon. We have our last soccer game this Wednesday away against Luther College. Other than that I have a few other things I am looking forward to this week. I plan to attend a conference this Friday in Illinois and I also have a test tomorrow in Modern Astronomy that I still need to study a lot more for but I am looking forward to getting it over with.

I just found out my class got canceled today so that is some extra free time for me to relax today so I am not complaining. I also got around to narrowing down my grad school list to 6 possibles. I was pretty excited to finally get that search started and narrowed down a bit. This past Thursday I had the opportunity to meet with our assistant dean of students at Coe just to chat about a social justice conference I was able to attend this summer and we just spent sometime reflecting on that stuff, it is kind of nice to know we have tons of people around here that are willing to just process all sorts of things with you and just chat about whatever you want.

On Thursday of last week I had another radio show to host which was a good time fore sure. For all of you readers interested in learning and hearing more about Coe from Coe students I definitely want to recommend you check out the KCOE radio once we go live on the internet November 1st! I will make sure to give you more dates on that since me and a co-host of mine were selected to host the launching show.

I had a very productive weekend as well. I gave a tour Saturday morning after losing my voice Friday night at practice, some how it magically came back just in time for my tour. After that I had to get ready for our soccer game vs. Wartburg College which we won. Sunday was a great time as well, I got to go to a brunch at Elm Crest Country Club for Diversity Leadership Scholarship recipients and we had a good time getting to mingle and learn a little more about each other.
Sunday evening concluded with a little bit of homework and some movie watching.

Oh but some other random stuff that happened,I bought 6 cases of lemonade(it was on sale), over fall break I did a huge load of laundry and someone was kind enough to put it in the dryer and fold it for me(That just made my day). I also got all you can eat chinese from hyvee which is right down the street from Coe and it was pretty tasty.




Well once again thank you for your time,
Charles E. Cotton III

0 comments: